Saturday, October 17, 2009

Once Upon a Minnesota...

Wow- it's been awhile. Time for some serious catching up.
Let's start with the summer trip to Minnesota:


This may be one of my favorite pictures of all time- Quinn and Uncle Greg, walking down the dock at sunset. Look closely and you will see he has got a firm grip on her- she had just tried to jump off the dock...




Before that, we had gotten to go visit the Greats! The girls enjoyed a little seek and destroy while the adults... wait for it... enjoyed playing cards. I know, not extraordinary, but it's what we do.





Check out the Mississippi. That little girl in the corner- the one that wouldn't hold still or turn around for a picture, of course is Belle. (Yes, I still have to do the sing-song in my head to spell that right- Mississippi, that is. Belle I can handle without a song.)

Here's our other Great on Mommy's side. I'm always super-pleased when both kids are looking at the camera and I have managed to snap the picture. It's like lightning striking the same place twice. I also love how Belle looks like she's trying not to smile.



Obligatory photo op of what, of course, is treasure. Even though sometimes it may feel like the kind of treasure that turns you into a zombie that can only be revealed by the light of the moon.

Maybe that's why we put them to bed at dusk...






See what I mean about the lightning strike? We nearly had to tie on weights and glue down these children in order to take this picture. Since it was taken, there were 2 more cousins to add to the photography sessions. Grandma better get creative- maybe bribery?

These were just a few shots from a large store of many. We had a great time- Belle even caught her first fish! A little rock bass, which has been preserved and mounted by professionals. Quinn showed everyone just what a daredevil she was- she succeeded at least once in diving headfirst off a dock. And Mommy learned how to clean and shoot a rifle.


That's enough for now...

No comments: