Forget roses and kittens. We're all buses and baggies here.




QUICK DISCLAIMER: The child playing with the small plastic baggie was well-supervised every second. I don't gamble on my kids.
At any rate, every parent knows that the toys kids love the most are the ones that were free or found somewhere (garage sales, secondhand stores, playgrounds, gutters, etc.) Belle is constantly picking up something off of the floor of any store we're in. Monday she found a partially eaten sucker, a stuck sticker, and several pieces of the size tabs that are placed on hangers. The bus came from a garage sale- I think it was 50 cents. The fish was from Grandma Clasemann- I think it was of negligible value as well. It had black thread eyes until 2 days ago, after constant pulling. Then, after much to-do, Mommy replaced them with the blue thread. The baggie was found on the floor in Mommy's room- it was part of an emergency stash to be used for dirty diapers. While Quinn obtained many hours of enjoyment from the baggie, it was disposed of as soon as she went to bed. Never fear, if necessary, it can be replaced from the large supply in the pantry. Belle's birthday is coming up- I'm thinking of getting her a box from the appliance store... Or maybe we'll go crazy and go to a garage sale- either way, I think we'll put a hold on big-budget items. At least until Christmas. Note: Quinn now has 2 teeth!







No comments:
Post a Comment